PTO Shaft for Disc Mower Discbines 1340
Our PTO shaft can be adapted to the models of these agricultural machines: Hesston 1340, 1345 / some CaseIH 8312, Massy Ferguson PTD 12, New Idea 5512
Original equipment is 55N Weasler 80 degree on the tractor side and a 50 degree CV on the discbine.
Input shafts are usually 1.50″ round. Please click here with your specifications.
1.5″ RD clamp
55N 80×50 Double CV
1.5″ RD clamp
55N 50 degrees CV half(implement)
55N 80 degrees CV half(tractor)
The PTO shaft of agricultural machinery. In the past, the PTO shaft was connected by a square tube. When the tractor was working in the field, there was a lot of dust. After the dust entered the square tube, the square tube and the square shaft were seriously worn, and the expansion and contraction were not smooth, resulting in damage to the cross bearings at both ends. As a result, the pins at both ends of the PTO shaft are seriously worn and inconvenient to disassemble, which is easy to causes the PTO shaft to
fall off and the PTO shaft to be damaged. The agricultural machinery universal joint PTO shaft comprises a universal joint, the left universal joint is connected with a spline sleeve, the right universal joint is connected with 1 end of a spline shaft, and the spline shaft is installed in the spline sleeve, a sealing sleeve is fixed on the outer diameter of the connection between the spline sleeve and the spline shaft, the spline sleeve is provided with a grease hole, and the grease hole is provided with a grease fitting. This product is used for rotary cultivators, micro cultivators, stubble removers, beaters, sprinkler irrigation
machines, rotary rakes, and other agricultural machines and tools connected with square tube PTO shafts in agricultural production.
What is Discbine?
In fact, CHINAMFG coined the term “Discbine,” which has become a popular name widely used to refer to any disc mower conditioner, regardless of brand. That’s not surprising, because even in harsh conditions, a true Discbine disc mower-conditioner can quickly turn a heavy CHINAMFG into a quick-drying bale or strip.
Installation of the PTO shaft
1.Apply lubricating grease (No.2 file base grease or gear oil as required) on the universal joint bearing, prepare the oil seal,put it on the cross shaft, press it into the universal joint fork, telescopic sleeve fork, and flange fork holes at the front and rear transmission shaft end respectively, and then install the cover plate and lock ring, tighten and lock it.
2.Apply grease to the telescopic sleeve of the drive shaft, then put the fork on the spline shaft of the rear PTO shaft and screw the oil seal cap.
3.Connect the flange fork of the front transmission shaft with the flange of the second PTO shaft and install the front PTO shaft on the middle support bracket of the transmission shaft. After combustion, install the cross joints at both ends of the rear transmission shaft CHINAMFG the flange fork of the front PTO shaft and the rear axle driving gear shaft with bolts and tighten the flange fixing bolts and nuts.
4.PTO shaft spline sheath and cross shaft oil nozzle must be complete.
We Also Supply PTO Shafts
PTO Shaft Manufacturer
Ever-power covers an area of more than 12000 square CHINAMFG and employs more than 100 people. We specialize in developing, manufacturing, and selling PTO shafts, industrial universal shafts, automobile drive shafts, universal joint coupling shafts, universal joints, etc. The annual turnover is 60 million yuan and 9 million US dollars, increasing year by year. Our products enjoy a high reputation among customers in Europe, the United States, Asia, Australia, and North America. We are the top 3 professional OEM suppliers of many agricultural tool factories in the domestic market. CHINAMFG transmission shaft adheres to our “QDP” principle: quality first, rapid delivery, and competitive price. We have obtained CE, TS / 16949, and ISO9001 certification, and have systematic production equipment and a QC team to ensure our quality and delivery. We warmly welcome friends from all walks of life to visit and establish mutually beneficial long-term cooperative relations.
|Usage:||Agricultural Products Processing, Farmland Infrastructure, Tillage, Harvester, Planting and Fertilization, Grain Threshing, Cleaning and Drying|
|After-sales Service:||Installation Guide 3-Year Warranty|
What maintenance practices are essential for prolonging the lifespan of PTO shafts?
Maintaining proper care and performing regular maintenance on Power Take-Off (PTO) shafts is crucial for prolonging their lifespan and ensuring optimal performance. By following essential maintenance practices, you can prevent premature wear, identify potential issues early on, and maximize the longevity of your PTO shafts. Here are some key maintenance practices to consider:
1. Regular Inspection: Perform routine visual inspections of the PTO shaft to check for any signs of damage, wear, or misalignment. Look for cracks, dents, bent sections, or loose components. Inspect the universal joints, coupling mechanisms, protective guards, and other associated parts. Pay attention to any unusual noises, vibrations, or changes in performance, as these can indicate underlying issues that require attention.
2. Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential for the smooth operation and longevity of PTO shafts. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations regarding lubrication intervals and use the recommended lubricant type. Apply lubrication to the universal joints, CV joints (if applicable), and other moving parts as specified. Regularly check for adequate lubricant levels and replenish if necessary. Ensure that the lubricant used is compatible with the shaft material and does not attract dirt or debris that could cause abrasion or damage.
3. Cleaning: Keep the PTO shaft clean and free from dirt, debris, and other contaminants. Regularly remove any accumulated dirt, grease, or residue using a brush or compressed air. Be particularly diligent in cleaning the universal joints and areas where the shaft connects to other components. Cleaning prevents the buildup of abrasive particles that can accelerate wear and compromise the shaft’s performance.
4. Guard Inspection and Maintenance: Check the protective guards and shields regularly to ensure they are securely in place and free from damage. Guards play a critical role in preventing accidental contact with the rotating shaft and minimizing the risk of injury. Repair or replace any damaged or missing guards promptly. Ensure that the guards are correctly aligned and provide sufficient coverage for all moving parts of the PTO shaft.
5. Torque and Fastener Checks: Periodically inspect and check the torque of fasteners, such as bolts and nuts, that secure the PTO shaft and associated components. Over time, vibration and normal operation can loosen these fasteners, compromising the integrity of the shaft. Use the appropriate torque specifications provided by the manufacturer to ensure proper tightening. Regularly verify the tightness of fasteners and retighten as necessary.
6. Shear Bolt or Slip Clutch Maintenance: If your PTO shaft incorporates shear bolt or slip clutch mechanisms, ensure they are functioning correctly. Inspect the shear bolts for signs of wear or damage, and replace them when necessary. Check the slip clutch for proper adjustment and smooth operation. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations regarding maintenance and adjustment of these safety mechanisms to ensure their effectiveness in protecting the driveline components.
7. Proper Storage: When the PTO shaft is not in use, store it in a clean and dry environment. Protect the shaft from exposure to moisture, extreme temperatures, and corrosive substances. If possible, store the shaft in a vertical position to prevent bending or distortion. Consider using protective covers or cases to shield the shaft from dust, dirt, and other potential sources of damage.
8. Operator Training: Provide proper training to operators on the correct operation, maintenance, and safety procedures related to the PTO shafts. Educate them about the importance of regular inspections, lubrication, and adherence to recommended maintenance practices. Encourage operators to report any abnormalities or concerns promptly to prevent further damage and ensure timely repairs or adjustments.
9. Manufacturer and Expert Guidance: Consult the manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations regarding maintenance practices specific to your PTO shaft model. Additionally, seek advice from experts or authorized service technicians who are knowledgeable about PTO shaft maintenance. They can provide valuable insights and assistance in implementing the best maintenance practices for your specific PTO shafts.
By following these maintenance practices, you can extend the lifespan of your PTO shafts, optimize their performance, and reduce the likelihood of unexpected failures or costly repairs. Regular inspections, lubrication, cleaning, guard maintenance, torque checks, and proper storage are all essential in ensuring the longevity and reliability of your PTO shafts.
Can you provide real-world examples of equipment that use PTO shafts?
Power Take-Off (PTO) shafts are extensively used in various industries, particularly in agriculture and construction. They provide a reliable power source for a wide range of equipment, enabling efficient operation and increased productivity. Here are some real-world examples of equipment that commonly use PTO shafts:
1. Agricultural Machinery:
- Tractor Implements: A wide array of tractor-mounted implements rely on PTO shafts for power transfer. These include:
- Mowers and rotary cutters
- Balers and hay equipment
- Tillers and cultivators
- Seeders and planters
- Manure spreaders
- Harvesters, such as combine harvesters and forage harvesters
- Stationary Equipment: PTO shafts are also used in stationary agricultural equipment, including:
- Feed grinders and mixers
- Silo unloaders
- Grain augers and elevators
- Irrigation pumps
- Wood chippers and shredders
- Stump grinders
2. Construction and Earthmoving Equipment:
- Backhoes and Excavators: PTO shafts can be found in backhoes and excavators, powering attachments such as augers, hydraulic hammers, and brush cutters.
- Post Hole Diggers: Post hole diggers used for fence installation often rely on PTO shafts to transfer power to the digging mechanism.
- Trenchers: Trenching machines equipped with PTO shafts efficiently dig trenches for utility installations, drainage systems, or irrigation lines.
- Stump Grinders: Stump grinders used in land clearing and tree removal operations often utilize PTO shafts to power their cutting blades.
- Soil Stabilizers and Road Reclaimers: These machines use PTO shafts to drive the rotor and milling drums, which pulverize and mix materials for road construction and maintenance.
3. Forestry Equipment:
- Wood Chippers: Wood chippers used for processing tree branches and logs into wood chips are commonly powered by PTO shafts.
- Brush Cutters and Mulchers: PTO-driven brush cutters and mulchers are employed to clear vegetation and maintain forested areas.
- Log Splitters: Log splitters that split logs into firewood often utilize PTO shafts to power the splitting mechanism.
4. Utility Equipment:
- Generators: Some generators are designed to be driven by PTO shafts, providing an auxiliary power source for various applications in remote locations or during power outages.
- Pumps: PTO-driven pumps are commonly used for agricultural irrigation, water transfer, and dewatering applications.
5. Specialty Equipment:
- Ice Resurfacers: PTO shafts are employed in ice resurfacing machines used in ice rinks to maintain a smooth ice surface for ice hockey and figure skating.
- Air Compressors: Some air compressors are driven by PTO shafts, providing a source of compressed air for various applications.
These examples represent a range of equipment that extensively relies on PTO shafts for power transfer. PTO shafts enable the efficient operation of these machines, increasing productivity and versatility across various industries.
What benefits do PTO shafts offer for various types of machinery?
PTO shafts (Power Take-Off shafts) offer several benefits for various types of machinery in agricultural and industrial applications. They provide a flexible and efficient means of power transmission, enabling machinery to perform specific tasks and functions. Here’s a detailed explanation of the benefits that PTO shafts offer for different types of machinery:
Versatility: PTO shafts contribute to the versatility of machinery by allowing them to be powered by a common power source, such as a tractor or an engine. This means that a single power source can be used to drive multiple implements or machines by simply connecting and disconnecting the PTO shaft. For example, in agriculture, a tractor equipped with a PTO shaft can power various implements such as mowers, balers, tillers, sprayers, and grain augers. Similarly, in industrial applications, PTO shafts enable the use of a single engine or motor to power different machines or equipment, such as generators, pumps, compressors, and industrial mixers.
Efficiency: PTO shafts offer an efficient method of power transfer from the power source to the machinery. By directly connecting the power source to the driven machine, PTO shafts minimize energy losses that may occur with other power transmission methods. This direct power transfer results in improved overall efficiency and performance of the machinery. Additionally, PTO shafts allow for the adjustment of rotational speed and power output to match the requirements of the specific machinery, ensuring optimal operation and reducing unnecessary energy consumption.
Cost Savings: The use of PTO shafts can lead to cost savings in multiple ways. Firstly, by utilizing a single power source to drive multiple machines or implements, the need for separate engines or motors for each piece of equipment is eliminated, reducing capital costs. Secondly, PTO shafts eliminate the requirement for additional fuel or energy sources, as they tap into the existing power source, resulting in lower fuel or energy expenses. Additionally, the versatility offered by PTO shafts allows for improved equipment utilization, maximizing the return on investment.
Flexibility: PTO shafts provide flexibility in terms of equipment setup and configuration. They can be adjusted in length or equipped with telescopic sections, allowing for easy adaptation to different equipment arrangements and varying distances between the power source and the driven machinery. This flexibility enables operators to quickly connect and disconnect the PTO shafts as needed, facilitating efficient equipment changes and reducing downtime. Moreover, the ability to adjust the rotational speed and power output of the PTO shafts adds further flexibility, accommodating the specific requirements of different machinery and applications.
Ease of Use: PTO shafts are relatively easy to use, making them accessible to operators with minimal training. The process of connecting and disconnecting the PTO shafts is straightforward, often involving a simple coupling or locking mechanism. This ease of use enhances equipment operability, allowing operators to quickly switch between different implements or machines without significant effort or time-consuming procedures. Furthermore, the direct power transfer through PTO shafts simplifies equipment operation, as the machinery can be powered by the existing power source without the need for additional controls or power management systems.
Increased Productivity: PTO shafts contribute to increased productivity in agricultural and industrial operations. By enabling the use of versatile machinery configurations, operators can perform a wide range of tasks using a single power source. This eliminates the need for manual labor or the use of multiple machines, streamlining workflow and reducing the time required to complete various operations. The efficiency and reliability of power transfer through PTO shafts also contribute to improved productivity by ensuring consistent and effective operation of machinery, resulting in enhanced output and reduced downtime.
Safety: While not directly related to machinery performance, PTO shafts also offer safety benefits. The implementation of safety shields or guards on PTO shafts helps prevent accidental contact with the rotating shaft, reducing the risk of injuries to operators. These safety features are designed to cover the rotating shaft and universal joints, ensuring that operators cannot come into contact with them during operation. Proper training on PTO shaft operation and adherence to safety guidelines further enhance operator safety when working with PTO-driven machinery.
In summary, PTO shafts offer a range of benefits for various types of machinery. These benefits include increased versatility, improved efficiency, cost savings, flexibility in equipment configurations, ease of use, increased productivity, and enhanced operator safety. PTO shafts play a crucial role in agricultural and industrial applications by enabling the direct power transfer from a common power source to different machines or implements, resulting in optimized performance and operational effectiveness.
editor by CX 2023-10-30